This is what I’m currently working on: a rhythm machine based on two 4089, synched by one NE555. The 4089 is a chip that contains 16 pre-programmed patterns, of which two or three sound sufficiently hard core to serve my purposes. One 4089 can gate a bass drum (visible on the second breadboard), the other one a snare, or hihat (which I’m still experimenting with). My ultimate goal is to build a full-fledge step-sequencer and a full set of modules for bass, snare etc, but there is still a long way of experimenting ahead of me. This circuit, once finished should enable me to concentrate on getting everything right before starting to build the real thing. This weekend I learned some sexy stuff like creating a virtual earth (for the ADSR-module, which stands for Attack Decay Sustain Release) and switched jacks. I recorded some pretty hard-core stuff already with the set-up in the picture, but I decided to hold my horses and not upload too much test-recordings to soundclound anymore. I’m saving stuff for a proper release.